The #ToysAndDiversity campaign aims at detecting and putting a light on gender stereotypes in toys catalogues and shops but it also aims at showing whether the toys are inclusive towards children with disabilities and with migrant background.
Six key Principles
On the basis of the study, COFACE Families Europe developed six key principles with a view to raising awareness of our key concerns in relation to toy marketing and advertising. The headline principles are the following:
- Let children decide what they want to play with: No more division into boys and girls sections.
- Do not channel children into stereotyped professions and life patterns: Let them play to be whomever they want to be.
- Join your voice to end gender-based violence and bullying: promote non-violent images and behaviours.
- Represent families in their diversity.
- Children with disabilities play too: stop their invisibility and include them in the toy world.
- Children with a diverse racial background: let’s move to a fair representation.
We invite you to use this banners on Social Media with the #ToysAndDiversity hashtag.