The European Pillar of Social Rights is the social strategy to make sure that the transitions of climate-neutrality, digitalisation and demographic change are socially fair and just. It builds upon 20 key principles. COFACE Families Europe actively shaped the Pillar and is now focusing on the implementation of the pillar.
To support the implementation of the Pillar, the Commission has launched a broad discussion with all EU countries and regions, and with all their partners:
- the European Parliament and national parliaments, representing the people of Europe
- the Council and national governments and official authorities at regional/local level, representing the countries of Europe
- EU institutions and relevant agencies
- the social partners, representing employers and employees
- civil society, the crucial voices on the issues about which citizens care so deeply
- academia, think tanks and citizens.
Together, the Commission wishes to upgrade Europe’s social market economy to fit the opportunities and challenges of today and tomorrow and ensure just transitions for all.
The Commission therefore invites you to present your views until 30 November 2020 on new policy action or legal initiatives needed on different levels (EU, national, regional, local) and/or pledge concrete commitments as a Member State, region, city or organisation towards implementing the Pillar.