COFACE wants to shape a healthy and safe environment fit for families and their children and has the ambition to build a child compass 2030 to better respect the rights of children and better respond to the needs of both children and their families. One key dimension to be examined as part of this child compass is poverty reduction and support children living in families in vulnerable situations.
In 2017, the European Parliament requested that the European Commission implement a preparatory action on establishing a possible child guarantee scheme. In this context, the Commission has commissioned a Study on the feasibility of a child guarantee for vulnerable children. The results of this feasibility study will be presented and discussed in a European Expert Meeting hosted by COFACE and AGF on 29th September 2020 in Berlin.
During this seminar we want to analyse the proposals of the feasibility study, and contribute to the shaping of the Child Guarantee from a family perspective, integrating the two-generation approach to ensure that both children and families receive support. Overall, the objectives of the seminar are the following:
- Presenting the plans for the Child Guarante
- Contribute to shaping the Child Guarantee from a family perspective
- Rethink and reframe the Child Guarantee through the lens of the COVID-19 pandemic and its aftermath
- Foster cross-country exchanges on national family policies and how they reduce poverty
- Bring together NGO and government reps on family policies
- Develop a roadmap for action to implement the Child Guarantee
Due to COVID-19, this will be a smaller event than forseen and on invitation only.
For further information, contact Elizabeth Gosme email@example.com