*All these meeting documents are for internal use only, and not for dissemination*
WORK-LIFE BALANCE EXPERT MEETING
16th March 2020
Venue: COFACE Office (Rue de Londres, 17 1050 Brussels)
9.00-11.00 Transposition of the EU Work-Life Balance Directive
- Presentation by European Commission representative(s)
- Exchange on national developments in France, Czech Republic, Belgium, Spain, Austria, Hungary, The Netherlands, Greece.
11.00-11.30 Coffee break
11.30-13.00 Work-Life Balance part 2: the EU and international realities
- Update by Pascual Martinez, COFACE Policy and Advocacy Officer on key European trends in European Commission, European Parliament and more (ECEC, gender equality, employment, presentation of recent research and data, and projects on Work-Life Balance)
Update of the EU Developments on WLB (Presentation of the Secretariat)
- Presentation by European Commission representative of the EU-Japan Partnership on Work-Life Balance issues
- Q&A and decision on key actions for COFACE in 2020
13.00-14.00 Lunch break (sandwich lunch)
14.00-15.30 National updates from COFACE members on different issues
- Updates on national developments on family policy, ECEC, working carers and more. There will be no presentations here. Rather, participants are asked here to highlight current trends, challenges and potential areas where COFACE could provide support. This will help understand where COFACE needs to work collectively.
- Proposal to map family support programmes on work-life balance within the COFACE network.
15.30-16.00 Tea break
16.00-18.00 Round Table on family-friendly workplaces (public event)
16.10-17.00 What is a family-friendly workplace?
The perspective of families: Pro-parents Netherlands and Gezinsbond Belgium kick-start the discussion.
17.00-18.00 What are the opportunities and challenges for businesses?
Discussion and exchange on different realities, between COFACE & Business Europe, CEEP, EPSU, ETUC, and SME United.
Use of personal data
Please note that COFACE meetings are events where photographs and audio-visual footage may be taken. The photos may be communicated by COFACE on its website or social media or electronic or printed publications. Should you prefer not to appear in any images and videos, please contact the organisation secretariat at email@example.com.