The new Erasmus programme 2021-2027 has been launched including the call for 2021 with a deadline for 1th May.
The programme’s budget has increased from is €14.7 billion to €26.2 billion. With this increased budget, Erasmus+ will be more inclusive, more digital, and more green. It will also include DiscoverEU which offers 18 year-olds the possibility to get a European rail pass to travel, learn from other cultures and meet fellow Europeans.
The main features of the Erasmus+ 2021-2027 programme are:
- Inclusive Erasmus+: providing enhanced opportunities to people with fewer opportunities, including people with diverse cultural, social and economic backgrounds, and people living in rural and remote areas.
- Digital Erasmus+: Erasmus+ will support the development of digital skills through high-quality digital training and exchanges
- Green Erasmus+: The programme will offer financial incentives to participants using sustainable modes of transport. It will also invest in projects promoting awareness of environmental issues and facilitate exchanges related to mitigating the climate crisis.
- Erasmus+ for young people: Erasmus+ will also support exchange and cooperation opportunities through new youth participation activities, to help young people engage and learn to participate in democratic life.
Call for proposals to prevent and combat gender-based violence and violence against children has just opened. The themes and priorities of the 2021 call for proposals focus on:
- Early detection, prevention and protection of and/or support to women, children, young people and LGBTIQ victims or potential victims of violence, with specific attention paid to situations emerging from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Preventing gender-based violence by addressing masculinities and the engagement of men and boys
More information on the call for proposals here.
Further Calls for Proposals for 2021 are now published in the Funding & tender opportunities portal:
- Call for proposals to promote equality and to fight against racism, xenophobia and discrimination
- Call for proposals to protect and promote the rights of the child
- Call for proposals limited/restricted to national Data Protection Authorities on reaching out to stakeholders in data protection legislation
- Call for proposals to prevent and combat gender-based violence and violence against children
- Call for proposals on European remembrance
- Call for proposals for Town-Twinning and Networks of Towns (to be published in May)
- Call for proposals for 4-year framework partnership agreements to support European networks, civil society organisations active at EU level and European think tanks in the areas of Union values
- Operating grants to framework partners active in the area of Union values