The Civil Society Days 2019 will take place at a crucial moment for Europe, namely after the Sibiu Summit on 9th May in Romania, and the European elections and ahead of the constitution of the new European Parliament and European Commission.
Against the backdrop of current pressures on our democratic systems and the urgency of progress regarding the implementation of the Sustainable Development, this year’s Civil Society Days will focus on two main pillars, Democracy and Sustainability, and will explore their links and interactions in six workshops:
- Resilient democracies: the positive impact of civic action and organised civil society
- Towards more inclusive youth organisations
- Transitioning to an economy for people and planet
- E-democracy, citizens’ advocacy power and alternative forms of active participation
- Protecting freedom of expression in culture and education
- A resilient and sustainable economy including democracy
For more info on the program, speakers and workshops, please check the regularly updated webpage of the event.
Registrations will open mid-May.